Fr. Tolton Catholic High School has a strong moral obligation to integrate faith and reason. The school must establish knowledge and understanding, as well as traditions and practices, which will result in a lifelong commitment to a student’s Catholic/Christian faith. A foundation like this must have both breadth and depth; the standards and practices of Fr. Tolton Catholic High School will demonstrate both. Students will have daily, weekly, monthly and yearly routines that will assist them in their adolescent journey and in their lives as young adults.
Fr. Tolton Catholic High School will
- deliver a faith-filled and values-based program in which the teachings of Jesus Christ are modeled by all members of the school community and practiced by students throughout the school day.
- require students to complete two semester-long courses in religious studies during each of their four years.
- require that all students complete a minimum of twenty hours of approved Christian service each year. The school will guide students in the selection of and reflection upon those hours of service, guiding them through progressively more challenging experiences as they mature.
- provide regular access to the sacraments and the liturgy. All students will be required to attend school-wide Masses when they are offered.
- offer additional religious services and rituals according to the liturgical calendar and school need.
- extend the opportunity to all students to participate in the delivery of services and ministries throughout the academic year. Chapel services, daily prayer, school-wide Masses, retreats and more will allow students the chance to read, play instruments, sing and lead their peers in prayer.
- sustain extra-curricular activities that supplement and enhance the students’ faith. Clubs focused on campus ministry, prayer, pro-life causes and Christian service among others will be supported.
The purpose of the faith formation program is to provide a spiritual framework for students and all members of the school community to grow and learn together in an atmosphere of love, discipline and honor.